Monday 22 March 2010

Boardwalk success!















For the first time since starting the intermediate courses a participant finally managed to ride the boardwalk! The boardwalk is in my back garden and was built to my specification to be a bit difficult......understatement! It is very difficult but thankfully not scary as it is only just above ground level. I have been wondering for a while now whether to try and make it easier, but thankfully Brian showed yesterday that it can be done! No photos of it which is a shame!

Got a photo of him riding the largest drop-off on the course. It is quite amusing seeing peoples faces when they first have a look at the drop. I can see it in their eyes that they are seriously in doubt whether they want to have a go or not. Brian was no exception! Once they realise that the technique is the same as for the smaller drops and they try it out, this one doesn't feel much harder and the enthusiasm is written all over their faces!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The look on my face when I first saw the big drop off was fear! Not because I didn't want to have a go. I was more than willing to do that. It was if I failed there were quite a few rocks at the bottom that my face would have planted. I had already been off in to heather, holly and a few muddy embankments, what was a little more mud?
An awesome day, learned loads of new skills, and ended the day on such a high. Superb Emmy and Thanks again Bri